Look in my head

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Eagles

Today we had such an amazing church service. There was such a spirit of joy and contentment and praising God for helping us make it through a long deployment. The message was from the book of Jonah. Jonah ran away from the Lord and didn't head in the direction the Lord had told him to go. The Lord sent a storm to communicate to Jonah. In so many ways coming to Iraq was a storm. When Eagles are flying and encounter a strom they use the storm to fly and rise above the storm. God is my Eagle and has pulled me above this storm. "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles" (Isaiah 40:31) During the message I was fighting back tears and I am doing so even now. It was a really touching sermon. I have learned so much about myself here in Iraq. I have learned that that I can live with next to nothing (possessions) and I have renewed my faith in a way that can only happen when you think you might die. In retrospect he has been so good to me. More than this old world could ever be, and more than you could ever know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home