Look in my head

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The smell of death

The last two soldier deaths were pretty hard for me to take. The day before yesterday a US Soldier came to us and when his HUM V got hit by a Improvised explosive device his door slammed into his body and cause a lot of organ damage. They tried to repair it and give him a lot of blood transfusions but when there is damage to your organs your body rushes the oxygen and blood to those organs and your limbs will start to die. They cut his arm off and the entire floor smelled like rotting flesh and burnt skin. My boss had trouble eating cooked meat for the rest of the next day. He eventually died. Last night a soldier died and they cut his arms and legs off before he expired in an attempt to save his life but he died too. I am really tired of war. I was considering posting pictures of guys messed up to drive a point across that there is nothing glamorous about war...But I think I will refrain just because these things I don't even like to see and I think people know how ugly war can be. For now I will try to get over the smell of burnt and decaying flesh. Four civilians dies just days ago from a mortar attack just across the street. I am so glad I was in the right place at the right time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home